Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Which version of Mathematica is available on Raspberry Pi ?

Posted 7 months ago
|
16 Replies
|
8 Total Likes
|

Hello,

I recently added Mathematica on my Raspberry 3 (originally with Raspbian Lite), and got the 11.0.1. Any attempt to get the 11.2 version by a classical upgrade process

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade wolfram-engine 

just answers that I am up-to-date... However I can read in the group lot of posts concerning 11.2 ! How can I get it ? I wouldn't like to reinstall Raspbian, as it is a special image.

Thank you for your help,

Yves

16 Replies

sudo apt-get install wolfram-engine

should update Mathematica provided you have raspbian stretch installed.

I can't seem to update to 11.3?

Posted 4 months ago

Mathematica 11.3.0 (32-bit) has now been released for the Raspberry Pi.

I can't upgrade to v 11.3 either.

This installs the 11.3 Mathematica on your Raspbian Stretch:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Posted 4 months ago

Just checked, use the "sudo apt-get upgrade" it is updating now. Also just a quick one, I use Wolfram on laptop and when I want to calculate something e.g. if I type Fourier, it comes up with several options. Why doesn't Pi version do that?

@TondeKush I do not know this for a certainty, but l will venture to guess that the predictive interface is too resource-needy to run nicely on the Raspberry Pi platform.

you can run this code to check the performance. raspi is in the lower range, that is tru

Needs["Benchmarking`"];
BenchmarkReport[]
Posted 4 months ago

That is what I thought as well, well in a way it will force me to learn a lot more. I notice the Pi does get overwhelmed at times and just freezes.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Also worked for me now. I was getting message that my version (11.2) was the latest one, but since @Tonde Kush posted I tried again and I got it upgrade to v 11.3

Thanks so much, guys!

I tried to upgrade to 11.3 today. It still keeps telling me that 11.2 is the latest version. I did run sudo apt-get update multiple times, and other packages do update.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade wolfram-engine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
wolfram-engine is already the newest version (11.2.0+2018011502).
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Does anyone have tips about what to try?

I have a first-generation Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Stretch.

EDIT:

After uninstalling and purging the package, I cannot even reinstall it:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install wolfram-engine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package wolfram-engine

After uninstalling and purging the package, I cannot even reinstall it:

11.3 is back in the official repo, so this should work now

I just re-added support for the Raspberry Pi for the IGraph/M package. If you are interested in doing graph theory or network analysis on the RPi with Mathematica, get the latest version: http://szhorvat.net/mathematica/IGraphM

Posted 1 month ago

Hey Szabolcs

I will have a look at your site, I did graph theory last year, used a bit of Mathematica for it. I mainly used Maple for graph theory.

Posted 1 month ago

I am trying to install the Raspberry Pi but getting the error code 0x80004005 in Windows 8. I also try on windows error code 0x80004005 for the help purpose but did not get any response.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract