Message Boards Message Boards

raspiSFV - Creating/Testing file hash codes

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Raspi Rascal

I tried to build this little thingy only for my own educational purposes, to learn what it's like to compose a simple custom user interface from scratch out of the blue, how much effort it takes to place the elements (their alignments) exactly where i want them to be. It was just an exercise for practicing new vocab items. In fact, i used so many functions which i never used before but just grabbed from search hits in the WLDC, which i find amazing. I started learning Wolfram L in April and i am not talented, ambitious, nor productive .. so it really amazes me what can be done even with little code/effort/practice.

I deliberately chose to program such a tiny thing, so that readers of this thread can grasp right away the principle of my implementation and what's awkward about it. I wished that i could present a more robust program with more bells and whistles, production-quality stuff, working on all OS-platforms, all versions, and also in the Cloud.

The code works without glitches on my Win7 system but produces error messages on Raspbian. I certainly have an idea where/what to look for in case of debugging. Maybe i should not have called it "raspisfv" after all, haha.

Could at least any other Windows user confirm that the program works without glitches on their system (Windows)?

POSTED BY: Raspi Rascal
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract