Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Can Wolfram Desktop open a second window on the same notebook?

Posted 1 year ago
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
|

Until now I used Programming Lab. Its desktop can be opened several times on the same notebook. Now I try Wolfram|One with the standard Mathematica desktop. It cannot be opened twice on the same file. At least I cannot find this functionality.

Of course one needs several instances of larger files: Look at other functions defined elsewhere, copy/paste from elsewhere. Something like a multiple document interface ist needed. Or some kind of split-screen. Or at least a completely isolated window for the same file.

2 Replies

Hi, Werner, Using Mathematica...I think that .. if you open your first notebook and evaluate all values, then create a new notebook... you will have all values evaluated in this new notebook. So, you just continue working.

However, I dont know about saving both of them. Maybe you can use the newest and then copy the content in the main one. And, I also dont know if it works on Wolfram|One.

For example,

example

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks, Estevao, what you describe is not what I was talking about. I talk about using the same notebook in two windows.

I think I was wrong. I tried to open the same notebook again from within the notebooks File-menu. This doesn't work. But I can start a completely new session with the same notebook. They are unrelated, but I can use one for lookup and copy source and the other for paste.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract