Message Boards Message Boards

A precise explanation of the P - Value

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler
5 Replies

Hi, this is the very first time I have encountered this site and I have sort of an off topic question How do I cite your notebook for Mendeley or Reference Manager?

POSTED BY: Scott Cinsavich

The first sentence is "We are now ready for a crucial concept : the p - value." This seems to say that there are materials that precede this document.

Where can one find those materials?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Posted 4 years ago

Hi @Seth Chandler , excellent post.

Do you have something similar for conditional probability? It is a topic that always raises its ugly head in court and may have sent many innocent people to jail.

POSTED BY: Diego Zviovich

Thanks for the recognition. Just so people understand the context for this notebook, I developed it as part of a class I teach to students at the University of Houston Law Center, Analytic Methods for Lawyers, so that they have a good conceptual understanding of statistics. I hope it is helpful for others.

Also, ignore the last paragraph of the notebook; it should not be there. (maybe the moderators could delete it).

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now featured in our Staff Pick column as distinguished by a badge on your profile of a Featured Contributor! Thank you, keep it coming, and consider contributing your work to the The Notebook Archive!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract