Message Boards Message Boards

[Notebook] Step by Step Solution to Iran MO 2019 Geometric Problem

Posted 4 years ago

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Shenghui Yang
7 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

Hi, Newbie here, I tried this on my desktop and on the cloud and I can't seem to be evaluating this:

Show[gs["Graphics"], PlotRange -> {-2.5, 1.4}] 

correctly. I am getting:

Show::gtype: RandomInstance[GeometricScene[{-10->{0.172988,0.493315},{{Null,3,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,7,Null},{Null,1,Null,8,Null,6,Null,2,Null},{Null,Null,9,1,7,5,4,Null,Null},{Null,Null,7,Null,Null,Null,6,Null,Null},{2,Null,Null,4,Null,9,Null,Null,3},{Null,Null,3,Null,Null,Null,1,Null,Null},{Null,Null,1,5,4,8,2,Null,Null},{Null,6,Null,3,Null,2,Null,1,Null},{Null,5,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,4,Null}}->{0,0},{<<1>>,<<8>>}->{3,0},-10,p,{0,0},l,m,5},{GeometricAssertion[Style[Polygon[{a,b,c,d}],Transparent],Cyclic],<<9>>,EuclideanDistance[a,d]==2.7},{}],<<13>>->9] is not a type of graphics.

Using Mathematica 12.1.0.0 on Mac. Any ideas? Thank you, Sorin

POSTED BY: Sorin Suciu
Posted 4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what I did - got a file called 5e21ef92-b49c-4022-af7b-74e2af8065fc.nb, opened it in Mathematica and did Evaluate Notebook. I am sorry if I am doing something silly... Sorin

enter image description here

Sorin,

I notice that I have used some variable as points in gs and function name in the demonstrations, they will cause some issue if you do not run from a fresh kernel. I have updated the notebook or you can simply download the attached notebook at the bottom of this reply. Thanks for pointing out.

Make sure you discard the original notebook and use the new one from a fresh startup of Mathematica.

Attachments:
Posted 4 years ago

Hi Shenghui,

It works well now - thank you very much for your quick turnaround on this - great work. I am well impressed with Mathematica solving an IMO level problem in an automated fashion.

Best regards,

Sorin

Sorin,

Thank for be interested in this topic and the demo. I have been working on AOPS/Sharygin IMO level problems for a while. For example

Stay tuned and you will see more nice geometry problems on this forum.

Best

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here

Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract