Dracula Theme for Wolfram Notebooks

Posted 5 months ago
|
4 Replies
|
15 Total Likes
|

example-screenshot

This theme is my go-to for dark mode, and I use it across several applications. So, I implemented the Dracula theme for Wolfram Notebooks!

If you're interested in using it, you can get it from two places:

GitHub repo

Get the files

If you are a git user, you can get the theme and keep up to date by cloning the repo:

$ git clone https://github.com/jldohmann/wolfram-notebooks.git

Install the stylesheet

1. The stylesheet is titled "Dracula.nb". Move the stylesheet to folder where your Wolfram Desktop application is installed, and into SystemFiles. Run this code to open the folder:

SystemOpen[FileNameJoin[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd", "StyleSheets"}]]

You may need to restart your application to see the changes take effect.

1. Open a new notebook, and from the menu go to Format > Stylesheet > Dracula to change the stylesheet to the Dracula theme.

Please feel free to file issues for suggestions or bugs!

Function Repository

1. Get the DraculaTheme Resource
  2. Install the stylesheet system-wide with the following:

ResourceFunction["DraculaTheme"]["Install"]

4 Replies
Posted 3 months ago

Beginner here. :) I am using the Function Repository to do this.

I placed the Theme in the C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Wolfram Alpha Notebook Edition\12.1\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\StyleSheets

I get the following error when issuing the command, ResourceFunction["DraculaTheme"]["Install"]

No Wolfram Language translation found.

Also,

FileExistsQ[
 FileNameJoin[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd", "StyleSheets", "DraculaTheme.nb"}]]

gives me False, even though it's in there.

This is my first day using notebook so I am totally unfamiliar with everything...haha...so I know I'm missing a step or several....but if I could get this stylesheet installed, having a dark mode or theme would make learning notebook much more pleasurable.

Hi, J.R. and welcome!

gives me False, even though it's in there.

So you are looking for DraculaTheme.nb, instead of Dracula.nb which is the name of the file. If you change that, it will return True.

However, the bigger issue is that you are using Wolfram | Alpha Notebook Edition instead of Mathematica or Wolfram Desktop. These are separate products, and to my knowledge W|A Notebook Edition does not support the use of custom stylesheets.

Posted 3 months ago

Oh, it doesn't have custom stylesheets...that makes sense. I don't think I put the file extension on it either, that would probably screw it up too. Regardless, thanks for the reply back, I do appreciate it.

You can now find this theme implementation on the official Dracula website: https://draculatheme.com/wolfram-notebooks

The GitHub repo has moved under the Dracula organization (though I still maintain it): https://github.com/dracula/wolfram-notebooks

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract