Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Computational chess 1: restart a game w/ Forsyth–Edwards Notation (FEN)

Posted 6 months ago
|
2 Replies
|
10 Total Likes
|

The second part of the blog about StockFish 12 Link is found here

2 Replies

Ok, that's going to sound lazy of me, but may I suggest a project with this ?

On chesstempo.com, there is an opening training function. It uses the spaced repetition method and it's very nice but there is one problem : you have to pick your openings. I don't like having to pick opening lines. I don't know what is the best response to any particular line, and grandmaster games use several approaches, who am I to pick one ? I know I could just pick one that suits my style, but I don't like having to do that kind of analysis, it defeats the purpose of the spaced repetition method, which is a bit of a "dumb", brute force approach to memorization (and I like that dumb, brute force method, it's paradoxically satisfying).

Anyway, I wish there was a program that would automatically build an opening book.

It would be a something like this :

BuildChessOpeningBook[
    color_,  (* do we want an opening book for black or white ? *)
    depth_, (* max number of half-moves to study *)
    maxBranching_, (* max number of good opponent moves to put in the book *)
    maxTime_, (* number of seconds of analysis per position *)
    contempt_  (* could be used to impose style : large contempt for aggressive openings *)
]

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract