Message Boards Message Boards

[GIF] Ribbons of three materials: splines, neural nets & contour surfaces

MODERATOR NOTE: a submission to computations art contest, see more: https://wolfr.am/CompArt-22

enter image description here

( ^ Click the GIF for a 3840x1280 wallpaper! :)

POSTED BY: Silvia Hao
7 Replies

Awesome !

I must do something wrong when I am trying to reproduce the examples because in the Visualization section I am getting an error:

SplineKnots specification {Automatic, {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1}} should be Automatic, "Clamped", "Unclamped", a non-decreasing sequence with proper length, or a pair of such values.

Everything before this section is working.

Hi Christophe, thank you! The visualization should use the settings from B-spline basis section, i.e.

$bsDegree=3;
$CPtsNum=4;
$bsKnot={ConstantArray[0,$bsDegree],Range[$CPtsNum-$bsDegree+1]//Rescale,ConstantArray[1,$bsDegree]}//Flatten;

They were reset in Solve the fitting problem section, then I forgot to set them back for the visualization.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for catching the bug! I'll update the notebook tomorrow.

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

I don't understand a bit of it, too advanced and sophisticated for me. Anyway, beautiful work, very impressive!

How long did you take from scratch to completion?

POSTED BY: Raspi Rascal

Thank you for the kind words!

This was meant to be a new year greeting post for Jan 1st. I started it in Dec, but wandered away to other things. (On the good side, I finished it before the Lunar New Year :D)

Was thinking of you. Today's the day (the 12th).

So.

Happy Chinese New Year, dear Sylvia! :D

POSTED BY: Raspi Rascal

Thank you dear Raspi! And happy new year to you, too! :D

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract