Message Boards Message Boards

Cryptocurrencies: data acquisition with visualization

Posted 3 years ago

MODERATOR NOTE: Also see blockchain integration in the Wolfram Language, a part of Wolfram Blockchain Labs.

POSTED BY: Anton Antonov
10 Replies

Here is a related Raku package: "Data::Cryptocurrencies".

Compare the (Raku specified) D3.js plot:

enter image description here

with the corresponding WL version:

ts = ResourceFunction[
CloudObject[
  "https://www.wolframcloud.com/obj/antononcube/DeployedResources/Function/CryptocurrencyData"]]["BTC", Automatic, {{2020, 1, 1}, Today}];

DateListPlot[ts, PlotRange -> All, PlotLabel -> "BTC", 
 PlotTheme -> "Detailed", ImageSize -> 1000, AspectRatio -> 3/8]

Remark: At some point, I hope, I will make a comparison study between WL and D3.js over data science related plotting tasks.

Moderator Note: this post was highlighted on the Wolfram's official social media channels. Thank you for your contribution. We are looking forward to your future posts.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

I see most currencies are going towards relatively big dip (if they are not there already!).
Thank you Anton. Very useful post and resource function.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna

Thank you for your comment! I more detailed trend analysis and correlations to recent cryptocurrency events are discussed in this Community post: "Cryptocurrencies data explorations".

Here is a relevant screenshot:

Thank you Anton, I will definitely read your post.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna

I implemented a resource function that can be used to obtain cryptocurrency data using the approach explained in this post. See `CryptocurrencyData":

Great work! Would love to see this function in the Wolfram Function Repository.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Thanks! I want to "put more mileage" into using that function, before submitting it to WFR. (There is a fair amount of signature cases that have to be considered and programmed in order to get a look and feel very similar to FinancialData.)

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Thank you, Moderation Team!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract