Message Boards Message Boards

Course models: Disease Ecology & Evolution, Evolutionary Medicine

MODERATOR NOTE: coronavirus resources & updates: https://wolfr.am/coronavirus

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Gareth Russell
5 Replies

Very nice!

Please see if the new CompartmentalModeling paclet can make your teaching easier. I'd be more than happy to work with you to that end.

Bob

POSTED BY: Robert Nachbar

What a wonderful material, @Gareth ! Do you have other notebook modules in your course? Many educators here on this network would highly appreciate such through work.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

This started off as a notebook about ecological metapopulations, the basic model of which is identical to the SIS model of disease. In fact, what I posted was half of the actual notebook: the main one starts with a section on metapopulations (I have deleted that for students who are just interested in disease models). And that metapopulation notebook is one chapter in what is effectively a textbook (about 12 notebooks) on computational ecology! It was for a graduate course with that title. What I posted here is a spin-off that I use in a different undergraduate course. Sadly, I haven't taught the computational ecology course for a while. The notebooks are not in terrible shape, but the code would need some polishing if I taught it again. Especially as that course was intended also to introduce students to coding in the Wolfram Language. But I'd like to!

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract