Message Boards Message Boards

Making Wolfram Language content available to the public?

Posted 1 year ago

I have a question that I hope somebody will find valuable enough to address. I have a fair amount of Wolfram Language codes and Notebooks with explanations on a specific topic that I would like the ChatGPT community to discover (well, heck forget the entire ChatGPT community, but just my students that I would like to steer them to use). Should I ask this question to ChatGPT until I get the right response and experiment with it, or would a human expert can answer this with short answers.

POSTED BY: Zafer Gurdal
5 Replies

@Zafer, if you mean that you would like some system to share your notebooks with your students and even larger community beyond -- look no further -- Wolfram Community is designed for it. It allows embedding of notebooks in-posts and they are stored on our servers, so they will be always accessible at static URLs that you can share. Many people on Wolfram Community already share lots of interesting things. Specifically for EDU materials you can look at, for instance, at @Shenghui Yang or @Athanasios Paraskevopoulos profiles under the section called STAFF PICKS. More examples can be found at:

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Posted 1 year ago

Vitaly, this was a useful answer, and the examples that you provided are valuable. I will follow some of the ideas that I got from perusing some of the material. Nevertheless, the answer also brings about bunch of other questions, which I am not sure if it is interest to the community. I will try to search through the community posts to find more relevant pockets of info. Thank you again.

Posted 1 year ago

Vitaly, I will follow on with another questions. Some of the functions that I am writing as part of my activity are very much like Mathematica's built in functions, and perhaps (if I can be a bit self promoting) should be in Mathematica at some point as standard functions (well, of course, other than name and basic functionality Wolfram folks will make them much fancier). Is there another venue for the building and testing these functions? Or do you still think that it is better to open this to the community and find folks who will be interested in them? If I post a notebook with these functions, and their use, would the serious Wolfram folks be able to view them (and how do I reach them) and provide input on how I can improve them? What if Wolfram is also developing such functions could there be a conflict in naming? (I did see one of themes that I use in solution of PDE's example, but when I search for the name there is no explanation anywhere under Wolfram.

Hi Zafer,

I suggest using Wolfram Function Repository, functions submitted into it can be called easily in a notebook
https://resources.wolframcloud.com/FunctionRepository/

You may also check out Wolfram Language Paclet Repository: https://resources.wolframcloud.com/PacletRepository/

and Wolfram Demonstrations Project: https://demonstrations.wolfram.com/
for sharing interactive demos.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna
Posted 1 year ago

Thank you Ahmed, the three suggestions that you had were part of the poll today, and very useful to have this reply. There were couple of other things in the poll, that I do not remember, but these three are a good start.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract