Message Boards Message Boards

Wolfram Language conference in St. Petersburg

Posted 11 months ago

Two weeks ago (June 1st and 2nd) I participated in the Wolfram Language conference in St. Petersburg, Russia. Here are the corresponding announcements:

The conference was co-organized by Kirill Belov and Petr Genadievich Tenishev.

Here is a mind-map of the potential presentations Kirill and I discussed:

enter image description here

System dynamics presentation

I presented "Динамические системы : Расширение и улучшение эпидемиологических моделей" (in English: "Dynamics systems: extending and improving epidemiological models".)

The main presentation slides had a dozen supplements: - Diagrams - NLP and AI utilization demos notebook - Geo-spatial simulations of COVID-19 over Botswana notebook

enter image description here

Making two presentations

Interestingly, I first prepared a Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA) talk, but then found out that the organizers listed another talk I discussed with them, on extending dynamic systems models. (The latter one is the first we discussed, so, it was my "fault" that I wanted to talk about LSA.)

Here are the presentation notebooks for LSA in English and Russian.

Some afterthoughts

• Тhe conference was very "strong", my presentation was the "weakest."

• With "strong" I refer to the content and style of the presentations.
  • This was also the first scientific presentation I gave in Russian. I also got a participation diploma.

• I used PaLMMode and NLPTemplateEngine to demonstrate generation of epidemiological modeling code.

• Preparing for the conference reminded me of some the COVID-19 modeling hackathons I participated in.

• I prepared the initial models of artillery shells manufacturing, but much more work has to be done in order to have a meaningful article or presentation. (Hopefully, I am finishing that soon.)

References

Articles, posts, presentations

[AA1] Антон Антонов, "Динамические системы : Расширение и улучшение эпидемиологических моделей".

[AA2] Антон Антонов, "COVID-19 modeling over Botswana".

[AA3] Anton Antonov, "WirVsVirus 2020 hackathon participation", (2020), MathematicaForPrediction at WordPress.

Videos

TBD..

POSTED BY: Anton Antonov
Posted 11 months ago

Thank you so much for the review! I will make a video soon and it can be added to the post!

POSTED BY: Kirill Belov

Group Abstract Group Abstract