Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Install Programming Lab Desktop on Windows?

Posted 5 years ago
|
7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
|

I am pretty new to Wolfram Language and registered for Programming Lab Standard. I would like to install the local desktop Version on Windows 10. I found all help for the installation itself.

But I cannot find the Installation package (some sort of Setup.exe) on the Wolfram Website. Where is it? How to download it on my PC?

7 Replies

I don't have Programming Lab myself, but have you looked for the installer on the User Portal? You'll need a Wolfram account to log in, and then you should see the details and downloads for all the products you bought.

Posted 5 years ago

Thanks for that hint. I did not know that User Portal, and it looks as if it should show my products. But it doesn't.

Hi Werner,

When you log into lab.wolframcloud.com, you should see a little person icon in the top righthand corner with a down arrow next to it. Click on that and select "My Account" from the drop-down menu. That will open up your account information in a new tab. You can also access this directly at https://www.wolframcloud.com/account.

If you look under "Your Plan" on the account page you'll see a box for Wolfram Programming Lab. Click on that and then next to "Desktop Product" you'll find the link for your platform.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Rob

Posted 5 years ago

Great, Rob, thank you very much! I found it.

This is well hidden indeed, and I could not find any documentation on or link to that download on the Wolfram website.

Actually it looks a bit different: Directly on "My Account" there is a box named "Wolfram Programming Lab - Standard" with some information about my licence. The box contains an entry "Desktop Product: Windows|Mac|Linux". Clicking on "Windows" starts the download.

I will start the Installation after the download has finished and let you know if it worked.

Posted 5 years ago

I got a 2,53 GB ZIP "WolframProgrammingLab10.4.1WIN.zip" which contains a "Setup.exe" and two "setup-1?.bin". Starting the EXE installs the desktop version of Programming Lab. Everything works fine now.

Thank you, Rob, again.

No problem! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about using Programming Lab.

Posted 5 years ago

Dear Rob, maybe you could tell Wolfram-responsibles that they should not hide their products. As in this case with the desktop product.

Actually I am an IT-professional and installed maybe some hundreds programs during my life. Sometimes there where problems. But I cannot remember, that I could not even find the installations files.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract