Message Boards Message Boards

Install Programming Lab Desktop on Windows?

Posted 8 years ago

I am pretty new to Wolfram Language and registered for Programming Lab Standard. I would like to install the local desktop Version on Windows 10. I found all help for the installation itself.

But I cannot find the Installation package (some sort of Setup.exe) on the Wolfram Website. Where is it? How to download it on my PC?

POSTED BY: Werner Geiger
7 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

Dear Rob, maybe you could tell Wolfram-responsibles that they should not hide their products. As in this case with the desktop product.

Actually I am an IT-professional and installed maybe some hundreds programs during my life. Sometimes there where problems. But I cannot remember, that I could not even find the installations files.

No problem! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about using Programming Lab.

POSTED BY: Rob Morris
Posted 8 years ago

I got a 2,53 GB ZIP "WolframProgrammingLab10.4.1WIN.zip" which contains a "Setup.exe" and two "setup-1?.bin". Starting the EXE installs the desktop version of Programming Lab. Everything works fine now.

Thank you, Rob, again.

Posted 8 years ago

Great, Rob, thank you very much! I found it.

This is well hidden indeed, and I could not find any documentation on or link to that download on the Wolfram website.

Actually it looks a bit different: Directly on "My Account" there is a box named "Wolfram Programming Lab - Standard" with some information about my licence. The box contains an entry "Desktop Product: Windows|Mac|Linux". Clicking on "Windows" starts the download.

I will start the Installation after the download has finished and let you know if it worked.

Hi Werner,

When you log into lab.wolframcloud.com, you should see a little person icon in the top righthand corner with a down arrow next to it. Click on that and select "My Account" from the drop-down menu. That will open up your account information in a new tab. You can also access this directly at https://www.wolframcloud.com/account.

If you look under "Your Plan" on the account page you'll see a box for Wolfram Programming Lab. Click on that and then next to "Desktop Product" you'll find the link for your platform.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Rob

POSTED BY: Rob Morris
Posted 8 years ago

Thanks for that hint. I did not know that User Portal, and it looks as if it should show my products. But it doesn't.

I don't have Programming Lab myself, but have you looked for the installer on the User Portal? You'll need a Wolfram account to log in, and then you should see the details and downloads for all the products you bought.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract