User Portlet User Portlet

Discussions
@Toder If you wrap the SetName operation in Trace you can see what's going on. In the first case, `Name` is a local symbol because you're using it inside a function that has Person[Name_String, ...] as a pattern. So {Name -> "George"} becomes {"John"...
FullSimplify does the job. Thanks, Bill.
Try this and see if you can adapt it to your problem. [mcode]In[1]:= g=Graphics[{Red, Rectangle[{5,10},{20,30}], Black, Polygon[{{8,15},{10,18},{18,22},{17,21}}]}] Out[1]= In[2]:= pixels = ImageData[g]; In[3]:= Dimensions[pixels] Out[3]= {432,...
If you want the For loop in the valido function to run for i = 1, ..., k - 1, it should be something like [mcode]For[i = 1, i
[code]In[1]:= Solve[-7 + a x + y == 0 && -1 + b x - y == 0, {x, y}] Out[1]= {{x -> 8/(a + b), y -> -((a - 7 b)/(a + b))}} In[2]:= g1[x_, y_] := -7 + a x + y; g2[x_, y_] := -1 + b x - y; Solve[g1[x, y] == 0 && g2[x, y] == 0, {x, y}] ...
Thanks. \Delta is a probability that follows from the probability function Pr(.) with arguments q and m. Hence, D[\Delta, m] should show the change in the probability function and therefore the change in the probability when varying m. A change in...
Have you checked [url=http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/Limits.html]example pages for LIMITS[/url] ? Examples tell you how to type it in. [url=http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/Limits.html][img=width: 649px; height:...
Thanks, that helped a lot.  r, d, and b were actually the functions I was trying to use but I can maipulate the original functions to help me in my itterations using NestList.
No ControlType -> None just localizes the variable pts inside Manipulate. Here is an example without ControlType -> None and it is still works: [mcode]pts = {{0, 0}}; Manipulate[ pts = If[Last[pts] == p, pts, pts~Join~{p}]; ...
Hmm.. i knew it would be larger ..but not that large . I have an estimate of where the root i require should be. Plotting is not really that important I need it to find the next root closest to 3.5 But i guess its expecting too much from the...