Pairs Trading with Copulas

POSTED BY: Jonathan Kinlay
6 Replies
Posted 7 years ago

Here is a pdf of the same notebook:

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Rick Jarosh
Posted 7 years ago

Here is a notebook that expalins how to code asymmetric Gaussian copulas in explicit detail:

Note: Updated the notebook to refer to c as a copula density, rather than a copula, the latter not being precisely correct.

Attachments:

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now a Staff Pick! Thank you for your wonderful contributions. Please, keep them coming!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Excellent post Jonathan. Looking forward to similar ones in the near future. I have a question regarding the calculation of the returns. For example, the S&P 500 on February 1, 2010 was 1089.19 and on the next day it increased to 1103.32 but when applying the original formula the log return is -0.0128895. Shouldn't the formula be reversed? Is my reasoning correct or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Posted 7 years ago

Great post. It is possible to define copulas with higher degrees of asymmetry than the Clayton, Frank or Gumbel-Howard varieties by taking [Theta] in the normal copula to be a function of space rather than a constant:

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract