I am a member of the Technical Communication and Strategy group at Wolfram Research. I get to play with almost every tidbit of the technologies we develop, build exemplary usage cases, and showcase them to the world through our sites and events.
A physicist by education I received my PhD from The City University of New York (CUNY). I did research on ultra-cold quantum gases, non-linear dynamical systems and chaos, and was a professor at CUNY teaching math and physics. I did most of my scientific workflows, from computing to design, with Mathematica. I also publish at The Wolfram Demonstration Project, write for Wolfram Blog, and am the academic director of The Wolfram Science Summer School. Among these and other things, I oversee management and moderation of this network, Wolfram Community, where you can find one of the most spectacular uses of Wolfram Technologies from people around the globe: http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks
I also enjoy fitness, reading, traveling, and competitive coding:
- Visibility Graphs: Dualism of Time Series and Networks
- [GIF] Drug overdose trends in USA counties 1999 - 2014
- 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death
- [GiF] Computational history: countries that are gone
- Who Owns the West? Federal Lands 2014
- Analytics of Republican Debate and network percolation
- [GiF] A possible model of an impossible cube of M.C. Escher
- [GiF] Dancing or juggling patterns of complex polynomial roots?
- Correlation Scalogram with stock and climate examples
- Data-generated art: inkblot ghosts of altruism gene AVPR1a
- [GOLF] Code-Golfing websites: How old are you on another planet?
- Bob Dylan's Nobel Prize & Infinite Universe
- Brain vs body mass for mammals
- Measuring public interest in Syria and Ukraine from Wikipedia data
- Pipeline Accidents: Hazardous Liquid, USA 2010 - 2016
- [GiF] Computational from-photo sketching and rotoscoping
- [SVG] Mining art in abstract mathematical spaces
- Idea-nets and uniqueness of US inaugural addresses
- Languages as data: celebrating UNESCO International Mother Language Day
- Anagram ramble in "log raw fun agleam"
- Code puzzles: turning docs into educational games
- [CALL] Most common pitfalls for beginners of Wolfram Language
- Simulating GeoNearest with GeoEntities & GeoDisk
- On design of styles for small weighted graphs
- [CALL] Reddit DataViz Battle JAN2018: Visualize the Growth Rates of Algae
- [Reddit-DiBB0118] Heatmap of inter- and intra- species comparison
- [Reddit-DiBB0118] Scatter plot slices of temperature dynamics